Of course, I have been anxiously watching the development of custom roms for the HP Touchpad… I am really happy to see not one, but TWO releases (Alpha 0 and Alpha 0.5) of CM9 for the Touchpad so far! Great work from the Cyanogenmod team!
So far, I have been too gun shy to pull the trigger up fumble through the Acme2 process… With the outstanding issues list still holding the video hardware playback problems for Alpha 0.5, I think I may still hold off for a bit…
What about you? Any casual browsers of the site rocking CM9 on their HP Touchpad? Worth it?
Perhaps I will have a hands-on for you this week… perhaps…
Edit: hands on review soon 😉
Note: I performed the below from Ubuntu 11.04 x64
After this process, you will be on CM7 a2 (newest Cyanogenmod – steps 1-2) and WebOS 3.0.4 (newest – steps 3). Once you pull the WebOs update, moboot (what let you pick which OS to boot to) will no longer be the active bootloader. But we have you covered (steps 4 – 7) – you will be booting via moboot in no time flat! WOOT!
1) Download CM7 a2 update from here (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4011)
2) Upgrade to CM7 alpha 2 via clockworkmod Clockworkmod using the file obtained from step 1
3) After CM7 upgrade, reboot into web os and pull 3.0.4 OTA WebOs update
4) Connect Touchpad to PC and put in USB mode.
5) Create ‘cminstall’ folder on touchpad and then copy ‘update-moboot_0.3.3.zip’ to the folder (should have this file from when you installed CM7 a1).
6) Eject Touchpad and restart into USB Mode (Large White USB Icon) by holding “Power + Volume Up”
7) Locate the ACMEInstaller that you originally loaded CM7a1 on your touchpad with and execute “novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller” from terminal and let it do its magic…
You are up to date to date and dual booting again with the latest and greatest.
Disclaimer: Do this at your own peril. I accept no responsibility for your clearly questionable judgement – an observation supported by your doing of random things that strangers on the Interwebs tell you to do to your expensive electronic devices for hopes of some supposed small technical gain… You have been warned of your insanity. This said, everything here worked perfectly for me 😀